Sunday, November 23, 2008

CBC makes another bad choice.

CBC's Hockey Night in Canada wasted everybody's time by cutting away from Patrick Roy's number ceremony in Montreal to the Toronto Maple Leafs' honouring of former captain Wendel Clark's #17.

Even I, a die-hard, 30-something Leaf fan who loves everything Wendel stood for, was very upset that the network decided to show a brutal and needless display of Wendel's mediocre career rather than staying with the retiring of Hall-of-Famer and the highly decorated Roy.

The CBC is slowly losing my support - from the changing of the HNIC anthem, to the decision to keep P.J Stock and Al Strachan on the air - they have made one bad choice after another. Even Don Cherry may be wearing out his welcome.

By no means do I want the Saturday night tradition to end, although it really does need a facelift. And I consider myself a bit of a HNIC purist.

Get your head out of your ass, CBC.

No comments: