Monday, April 14, 2008

The Toronto Star's 10 Things We Learned This Week

Some of the things we learned this week, according to the Toronto Star's weekly feature "10 Things We Learned This Week" includes:

In the 1800s, the "scent molecules" produced by flowers could travel roughly 1,000 metres. In today's polluted atmosphere, that distance has been cut to about 200 metres, making it difficult for bees to find the nectar they need to survive.


Scott Joplin's "Maple Leaf Rag" was not named for the Maple leaf or Canada but for the Maple Leaf Club in Sedalia, Mo. (americanheritage.com)


Among the 10 most unusual excuses employees offered for being late for work: i) My ex-husband stole my car so I couldn't drive to work. ii) I had to go audition for American Idol. iii) I wasn't thinking and accidentally went to my old job.

Read the story here.

No comments: